Most surgical procedures for pathologies of the lower gastrointestinal tract, such as colon cancer or inflammatory diseases, can be treated through a surgical minimally invasive laparoscopic approach, conferring a number of benefits such as a superior cosmetic result and reduced pain.
For minimally invasive laparoscopic surgery, high-quality imaging is crucial for clear visualization of the surgical field during the procedure.
Olympus imaging systems provide optimal visibility. The new Olympus 3D VISERA ELITE III system with 30° image rotation enables the most natural 3D perception and the most realistic vision, even in the narrow area of deep rectum. With the VISERA ELITE III platform, Olympus offers the combination of the high-level 3D ENDOEYE as well as the camera head solution with IR (infrared fluorescence imaging) visualization for easier detection of the perfusion and anastomosis during a colon resection.
Benefits of ENDOEYE 3D 30° for Colorectal Surgery*
- Allows larger distance from operating field to be kept for a better view
- Easier and quicker identification of structures and planes to avoid injuries.
- The rotation function while keeping the horizon improves the quality of view and is optimal during dissection.
- Delicate and precise movements are facilitated.
- Easier detection of small vessels.
* Jurriaan Tuynman MD, PhD, Gastrointestinal Surgeon at Amsterdam UMC
For further references please download the 3D Endoscopy Study Summary in the download section